Cricket Equipment – Market Trends, Drivers, and Growth Prospects until 2021

Renewable energy

According to Technavio’s latest market research study, the global cricket equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period, 2017-2021.

This report by Technavio provides an in-depth analysis of the global cricket equipment market in terms of revenue and emerging market trends. The report also includes an up-to-date analysis and forecasts for various market segments and all geographical regions.

Technavio research analysts categorize the market based on the product type

Click here to request a free sample of this report

The top three revenue contributing product segments are discussed below

Global cricket bats market: Manufacturers of cricket bats are limited to only certain regions. India and Pakistan are the major producers of cricket bats in APAC. On a global level, 80% of the willow cricket bats are made of Kashmir willow while the remaining 20% is made of English willow, which are considered as the best-quality bats. Woodworm, Spartan, and KOOKABURRA are the dominant players in the global market for cricket bats. Technavio’s market research analysts estimate the global cricket bats market to surpass a revenue of around USD 140 million by 2021.

Growing number of product innovations by vendors is one of the fundamental drivers behind the growth of this market. One such innovation was Spartan’s golden bat used by Chris Gayle during the Big Bash League of 2015. It is the world’s first bat to be made with gold-coloring infused in the timber and gold sprayed all over,” says Poonam Saini, a lead analyst at Technavio for research on retail goods and services.

Global cricket balls market: The cricket balls segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment of the global cricket equipment market during the forecast period. The growth of this market is likely to be driven by the high replacement rate of balls. KOOKABURRA, Duke, and Sanspareils Greenlands are the major manufacturers of cricket balls. The global cricket balls market is anticipated to post growth a CAGR of almost 4% between 2017 and 2021.

Global cricket protective gear market: Protective equipment for cricket includes jockstrap, abdominal guard, helmets, leg pads, thigh guards, arm guards, chest guards, elbow guards, gloves, and safety glasses. Although these protective gears are expensive, this segment accounted for only the third-highest share of the global cricket equipment market in 2016 as the use of these products is restricted mostly to professional cricket. Among the protective gear, helmets and shin guards have the highest demand when compared with other equipment.

The top vendors operating in the global cricket equipment market are:

  • adidas
  • Gunn & Moore and Unicorn Products
  • Nike
  • Sanspareils Greenlands
  • Sareen Sports Industries
  • Slazenger

Other prominent vendors in the market include British Cricket Balls, CA Sports, Callen Cricket, Fearnley Cricket Sales, Grays of Cambridge, kippax Willow, KOOKABURRA, Masuri, MRF, PUMA, and Sommers Sports.

A more detailed analysis is available in the Technavio report titled, ‘Global Cricket Equipment Market 2017-2021’. Technavio also customizes reports by other regions and specific segments upon request.

Other related reports

To read more press releases click here